Message from the President

HOME » General Information » Message from the President

Tetsuyuki HONGO President of NITKIT

 Welcome to National Institute of Technology, Kitakyushu College (NITKIT).  Located at the industrial city, Kitakyushu, NITKIT was established in 1965 as one of the national colleges of technology (KOSEN, for short), which were established in response to a strong demand for higher level practical engineers from industry.  The KOSENs are the Japanese higher education institutions, which provide vocational education for those between the ages of 15 and 20, with the possibility of "topping up" to a full degree.  They are admired for their degree of responsiveness to the needs of Japanese industry as well as the quality of the high-level vocational training they offer.

  For more than 50 years, NITKIT has been providing its students with an education experience of the highest quality along with a solid foundation in engineering sciences.  Our faculty is committed to academic excellence and relevant teaching to foster creative and practical technical engineers under close cooperation with industry.  Whether they are standing in front of the class or seated next to students in a laboratory, our professors are dedicated to helping students explore their possibilities and achieve their potential.

  About 60% of our students find employment after completing the five-year associate degree course, while the other 40% of them go on to a two-year advanced course, or transfer to a university and receive a bachelor's degree.  Some of them continue their study in graduate schools.  The variety of career paths after graduation creates many possibilities for their careers, and enhances their talents.

  Thank you for visiting our Web site.  I hope you find that the information is useful and that it will motivate you to want to learn more by visiting us in person.  Please enjoy exploring our beautiful campus and discover the excitement and energy of the NITKIT experience for yourself.

  Finally, we welcome any proposal of collaborations, internships, and exchange information.  Please contact us.